Sunday, September 15, 2013

Teachers' Day Cards 2013


Teachers' Day is a day where we show our appreciation to Teachers. Schools are usually open for half a day, and teachers are usually showered with lots of gifts (although many have said that they'd rather their students gift them good grades and behaviour, more than anything else :p ).

I made some cards for my wonderful ballet teacher and the other assistant teachers at my dance school. Inspired by a card sketch I saw online, I decided to experiment with circles - a shape I've hardly used in my work - and I really loved how they turned out. I can't find the sketch anymore, but if you have the link please leave it in the comment! I will be most grateful! 


When I got tired, I experimented with using my photos as a card base. Of all the photos I've taken, these two are among my favourites, and so I stuck some Kelly Purkey and Jillibean Soup stickers on them, adhered the photos to card stock, and called it done. The grey blobs on the left card are a cloud and cat sticker I got from kikki.k, they didn't photograph very clearly.

I'm very happy my experiments turned out pretty well! Here's to trying out new stuff and stepping out of one's comfort zone! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment